Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Bizzare & Odd

The main loser of 2020: What happened to the man who caught Covid, malaria and fever on one trip and was bitten by a cobra

The main loser of 2020: What happened to the man who caught Covid, malaria and fever on one trip and was bitten by a cobra 1

The outgoing year, turned out to be very difficult, but for some it became especially fatal. For example, for the Briton Ian Jones, he definitely cannot be called happy. While at work in India, the man managed to catch malaria, dengue fever, twice get sick with coronavirus, and in addition to all this, he was bitten in a foreign land by a poisonous king cobra. 

He can be called a truly unlucky person. However, it all depends on what angle you look at it. Perhaps, on the contrary, he is lucky? After all, after all these misadventures, Yang survived.

I decided to help the poor

Former health worker from the Isle of Wight in England Ian Jones came to India to do a good deed. He runs Sabirian, a social welfare enterprise that supports artisans and imports their goods.

The company, owned by the Isle of Wight Action Isle of Wight, provides an opportunity to lift 70 Indian artisans, ages 18 to 87, out of poverty by providing training and assistance in importing and selling souvenirs and furniture to the UK. On the Isle of Wight, England, the company’s store also supports people with employment problems on a charitable basis.

For the altruist from Great Britain, India turned out to be an unhappy country.  / Photo: gofundme.com
For the altruist from Great Britain, India turned out to be an unhappy country. / Photo: gofundme.com

And here’s the price for good: in India, Ian managed to contract malaria and dengue fever, and in March he also caught Covid. Having barely recovered, he returned to his work, but this fall he contracted the coronavirus again.

Cobra bite

The “cherry on the cake” in a series of health troubles was a deadly bite. It all happened in a village near the city of Jodhpur – in a warehouse of artisans where Yang lived (he specially settled here to be closer to local craftsmen and support them). That day, he heard his dog Rocky barking furiously. He approached him and held out his hand to calm him down, and at that moment a cobra rushed at him and stung. Apparently, the snake lurking in the warehouse perceived the sharp movement of the hand as a threat.

The bite of a king cobra is fatal in most cases / Photo: indianexpress.com
The bite of a king cobra is fatal in most cases / Photo: indianexpress.com

King cobra venom causes paralysis of the respiratory muscles and respiratory arrest. Blurred vision and difficulty walking are also characteristic symptoms, and it was with these symptoms that Yang went to the local clinic in mid-November.

The Briton was saved, and this is a great success, because a king cobra bite is deadly: after 15 minutes a person can die.

Ian spent many days in intensive care. Now he is gradually recovering and he was even allowed to leave the hospital. However, he is in a deplorable situation. The poor fellow lost his sight, his legs are practically paralyzed, so he moves in a wheelchair. Although the test for Covid did not give a clear positive result, doctors have a suspicion that the man has picked up and he – again In addition, growing medical bills for treatment of all illnesses he has suffered prevent Ian from leaving the country and returning to his homeland in the UK.

Jan sees practically nothing and cannot walk, but he does not lose heart.  / Photo: gofundme.com
Jan sees practically nothing and cannot walk, but he does not lose heart. / Photo: gofundme.com

Go Fund Me, a website that helps people around the world, is now raising money to help Ian to cover his debts and medical expenses (tens of thousands of pounds) that he will still need before he can return home to the Isle of Wight. – to your family.

Yang’s son is very worried about his father.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

– My dad is a real fighter. During his stay in India, he already suffered from malaria and dengue fever, even before the coronavirus, and yet he remained determined in his desire to stay in this country and continue his work, – the young man told reporters, – He could not return home because of the pandemic, and at the same time as a family, we understood his desire to continue to support the people who relied on him. We naturally worried about him, but then, when we heard that he also suffered from a snakebite, which is considered fatal, we just could not believe it!

People from all over the world supported the poor man and donated money to him.  / Photo: gofundme.com
People from all over the world supported the poor man and donated money to him. / Photo: gofundme.com

Community Action Isle of Wight CEO Mike Bulpitt asked all caring people to help his employee:

“Ian has put his life and health at stake in order to continue to support people in India. For almost a year he lived in difficult conditions and was away from his own family and friends. Now he has a long road to recovery, and we ask for any support. We ask all concerned people to help us cover his medical expenses until he is eventually delivered home. We hope that very soon he will be able to return to his beloved work and again support those in need. But now he needs funds to survive.

People from all over the world responded and started donating money to Jan. They also leave words of support on the site.

Jones' story has been posted on a fundraising site for those looking for help.  / Photo: gofundme.com
Jones’ story has been posted on a fundraising site for those looking for help. / Photo: gofundme.com

“I pray for your super fast recovery, Jan. Your acts of kindness to help the poorest of people will not be in vain. Thank you for all your help and all the best wishes to you, your family, friends and colleagues,” Tushar Shah writes to him. 

“Get well soon, brother!” – addresses to Jan Junaid Ahmed Mohammed. 

“The Yankees wish you all the best. You have done a lot of good things in your life, – writes Ronald Moulton. 

“You are doing an important job and therefore really need good medical treatment and assistance,” says Suzanne Ross.

Indian doctors hope that leg paralysis and blindness are temporary consequences of the bite. It is hoped that Yang will eventually recover completely. Unless, of course, something else unexpected happens to him in India.

India is truly a mysterious country. Where else, if not here, such incredible events could take place?

Comments

You May Also Like

Fact or fiction

The hypothesis that life originated on Mars and only from there was brought to Earth can be called unusual, but not at all incredible....

Apocalypse & Armageddon

This week, the Vatican entered into a partnership agreement with a certain “Council for Inclusive Capitalism”. On December 8 and 9, publications with such headlines...

Aliens & UFO's

What Major Jesse Marshall, who was in charge of investigations at the scene, reveals in his diary – He denounces a conspiracy to cover...

Planet Earth

In the Indian city of Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, more than 300 people were admitted to hospitals with symptoms ranging from nausea to loss of...

Aliens & UFO's

Something strange happened in the sky above the pyramids of Giza, on the night of December 3, when luminous objects appeared in the sky...

Space

Astronomers at Australia’s ASKAP radio telescope complex have reported that they have discovered strange circles of radio emission in space. According to their characteristics, they...

Underworld

There is every reason to say that SARS-CoV-2 has signs of a biological weapon, a Russian infectious disease doctor, MD, Professor Mikhail Bala said. ...

Ancient

Many of you have probably read the version that in the sizes and proportions of the Cheops pyramid, certain parameters of the Earth and...

Advertisement