A group of scientists are planning to fight the climate change using drones with the goal of planting one billion trees by 2028.
The reforestation company Flash forest, claims to have developed a drone technology capable of plotting the best areas for planting trees that consume the most carbon dioxide (CO2).
The project aims to sow approximately 2,000 trees per hectare of land, making the most of the availability of planting space.
In addition, they claim that a single drone operator can plant up to 100,000 seed pods per day. With this Flash forest expects to lower concentrations of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Project researchers said in a statement:
We will reduce enough carbon dioxide to have a significant and measurable impact on climate change in the next decade. ”
High technology of drones to plant trees
According it’s project report on Kickstarter, the company will use a pneumatic machine connected to a drone to plant the seed pods.
Containers containing germinated seeds will be transported, along with various tree species and a fungus called mycorrhiza which allows plants a better development. Fertilizers and other “secret” ingredients are also transported.
After planting the seeds, another drone with an aerosol system will spray the area with nutrients such as nitrogen that helps seedling growth. Then other drones will monitor the progress.
The researchers claim that their technology is 10 times faster and with a 20 percent lower cost than the techniques used today. In addition, they reported that their project would allow efficient use of areas that have been devastated by forest fires.
Researchers of Flash forest They cite on their website the warning that we only have 10 years to act against the climate change and avoid passing the point of no return that would have serious consequences.
The team takes into account that the planet loses approximately 13 billion trees every year, and less than half recover. Your project aims to compensate for this figure.
Tests have already been conducted since the beginning of 2019, starting in southern Ontario (Canada), where they used a technique called “manual firing mechanism” to plant 100 pods of white pine, white birch, white and red spruce and maple trees . The plants are already born, the researchers said
Another project, also carried out in Ontario, used a drone to plant 1,033 pods. Also in October, the company reached a record, planting 165 trees in just three minutes. In just two days, they planted more than 2,000 trees of seven different species.
His project is quite ambitious but is presented at the time that is most needed, stage of the planet in which climate change and deforestation They are the main causes of degradation.
You can watch the following video for more details of the project:
Japan has developed an inflatable scooter that weighs practically nothing
The University of Tokyo engineers have developed the Poimo inflatable electric scooter, which is created individually for each owner. It is enough to send your photo to the manufacturers – and a personal optimized model will be assembled for you.
The scooter is designed with a special program for the body size of a particular user and his specific fit. Moreover, each owner is free to make any changes to this model. If he makes any changes to the drawing, the program will automatically redesign the electric bike to maintain its strength, stability and controllability. When the model is finished and approved, it is handed over to the manufacturer.
The scooter consists of seven separate inflatable sections that are constructed from durable fabric and sewn with straight stitch. It remains to add electronic components – in particular, a brushless motor and a lithium-ion battery.
The finished electric scooter weighs about 9 kg and can travel at speeds up to 6 km / h (that is, slightly faster than a pedestrian). It can work for an hour on one charge.
This is how the current version of Poimo looks like in action:
Excerpts from Elon Musk’s speech at the Martian Society convention
Elon Musk’s comments with questions relayed from the Mars Society Membership by Dr. Robert Zubrin, James L. Burk, and Carie Fay. Following Elon’s 30 min time, Dr. Zubrin took additional questions. This special event was part of the 2020 Mars Society Virtual Convention from October 14-18, 2020.
About Starship Test Schedule:
– entering orbit – with a probability of 80% -90% will take place in 2021
– the probability of the return of the ship and the 1st stage in this flight is 50%
– test of refueling in orbit – 2022
– Starship lunar version – 2022 or 2023
– Starship flight to Mars – around 2024
The goal of the Starship is to build a self-sufficient settlement on Mars as quickly as possible. Musk does not rule out the possibility that this will not be achieved during his lifetime. According to his rough estimates, to create a self-sufficient city, it will be necessary to deliver 1 million tons of cargo, which corresponds to 4-5 million tons in a low Earth orbit. Modern single-use launch vehicles are capable of removing less than 1% of this value.
“Disposable launch vehicles are completely stupid. They are a waste of time. I think people need to stop wasting time on this. If you try to sell a disposable plane, you will be thrown out of the office. If you try to sell a disposable car, you will also be thrown out of the office. “
A series of questions and answers followed:
What is the best landing site on Mars?
– I’m not sure about that. But I can name the criteria. The first of these is latitude: most likely it will be in the northern hemisphere, far enough to the north to have water ice, but to still have enough sunlight.It also needs to be low to get the most benefit from atmospheric braking.
How do you prioritize mission priorities: research, infrastructure construction, and science?
– The first will be the construction of a fuel plant.
A question from a teenager who wants to become an engineer and robot maker with a dream to work at SpaceX: what is the most important education in order to become an engineer?
– There are many varieties of this profession: you can be an aerospace engineer, in the field of electronics, software, or a chemical engineer involved in creating safe production of fuels. I think physics is a good foundation for critical thinking.
Boring Company was originally conceived as a tunnel manufacturing firm on Mars?
– No. It was originally something of a joke. I thought tunnels were a good solution to reduce the traffic problem in cities and improve the quality of life by turning parking lots into green parks. To do this, you need to go to 3d [get away from the “flat” infrastructure – approx. per.]. I think tunnels are good for Mars too. But there you need a lot lighter equipment: you don’t care about mass on Earth, but you will have to take care of it a lot when going to Mars.
At Boring Company, have you learned a lot of technology that might come in handy on Mars?
– I think, yes.
Do you have any tips for young people who love Mars but don’t know how to participate in its settlement?
– I think any strong advocate of the need to conquer Mars matters. People often don’t even think about it. I often talk to people who don’t even know about it. Therefore, I consider it important for humanity and consciousness in general to bring a discussion about this to society. Talking about it with friends and acquaintances – I think this is what we should do. In my estimate, we will spend less than 1% of our efforts on Mars exploration, exactly less than healthcare, perhaps even less than cosmetics – this will be enough to make life multi-planetary. But this requires people to start talking about it 100 times more often. I think this is what really matters. [the entire cosmonautics of the world is $ 424 billion a year, while cosmetics is $ 532 billion, and tobacco production is $ 849 billion – approx. per.]
What’s the coolest part about Starship development?
– I think the coolest detail is the ability to work with a great group of engineers and come up with interesting solutions. I think the best thing is the opportunity to work with smart and creative people who come up with solutions that were not available before. This is a great reward.
What do you focus on when hiring, especially with regard to engineers?
“We’re looking for signs of exceptional ability. Or at the very least, striving to do exceptional things at SpaceX.
Are you planning to make a Mars-Earth communication system like Starlink?
– Yes, I think we will use a laser, probably launched into orbit, to avoid atmospheric diffraction. Thus, it will be a laser beam going from the orbit of the Earth to the orbit of Mars. And also relay satellites in solar orbit, since the laser beam cannot be sent through the Sun [when it is between Mars and Earth – approx. per.].
Can Starship be used for other destinations like Venus and other planets?
– Starship will be able to travel to any target in the solar system that has a solid surface when fuel depots appear. It is not the kind of transport that will take us to other stars, but when we become a multi-planetary species, we will create a demand for innovation in space travel that will ultimately lead us to interstellar travel.
Cern Scientists Plan an Impressive Experiment – They Will Come Into A Parallel Universe
Cern scientists are once again preparing to impress the entire planet and become the focus of discussions with the new experiment they are planning.
An experiment that, if it brings the fascinating result that scientists have in mind, will change the way we think about the world , will take place in the next few days at the Large Hadron Collider, the European nuclear center, Geneva CERN Research.
The astonishingly LHC complex, the largest, most energetic elemental accelerator in the world, will be “fired” for the first time to its highest energy levels, in an effort to detect – or even create – tiny black holes.
If it succeeds, then, a completely new universe will be revealed – rewriting not only the books of physics, but also the books of philosophy!
It is possible, however, that gravity from our universe will “leak” into this parallel universe, as LHC scientists say.
From the Higgs boson to dark matter and the parallel universe
According to the British Express, the experiment is sure to “trigger” the critics, who are worried about the LHC, many of whom warn that the elementary particle accelerator will mark the end of our universe, creating a of the black hole.
Nevertheless, Geneva has remained … intact since 2008, when the LHC began its spectacular “work”.
The first scientists at the Large Hadron Collider proved the existence of the Higgs boson – a key building block of the universe – and the LHC appears to be on track to locate “dark matter” – a previously undetectable force now considered that it constitutes the majority of matter in the universe, being, in fact, the reason why the latter is constantly expanding and moving away.
So next week’s experiment is considered to change the game.
The truth is out there
Mir Faizal, one of three heads of the three natural groups behind the experiment, said:
“Like many parallel sheets, which are two-dimensional objects (width and length) can exist in a third dimension (height) , so parallel universes can also exist in higher dimensions. We anticipate that gravity can leak into extra dimensions, and if that happens, then tiny black holes can be produced in the LHC.
Normally, when people think of the multiverse, they think of the interpretation of quantum mechanics by many worlds, where every possibility is realized. This cannot be tested and so it is a philosophy and not a science. We do not mean this with parallel universes. What we mean is real universes, in extra dimensions. The truth is out there.”
Mysteries2 weeks ago
Forbidden places of the world: where people are not allowed – and what does it have to do with snakes and UFOs
Conspiracy Theories2 weeks ago
TR-3B’s are absolutely real but who ‘owns’ them?
Mysteries4 weeks ago
Discovered mysterious giant objects on the Giza plateau, near the famous Egyptian pyramids
Space4 weeks ago
Four of the most promising alien worlds in the solar system
Planet Earth3 weeks ago
North America may split in half: giant cracks formed in the ground
Mysteries5 days ago
Starlite: a mysterious material whose recipe was taken to the grave
Conspiracy Theories4 weeks ago
Meteorite as a false flag? Shadow government prepares kinetic orbital strike
Planet Earth2 weeks ago
San Andreas Fault: USGS does not rule out an Earthquake Of Magnitude Greater Than 7 Could Occur Within The Next Week