A modern person has a huge number of reasons for constant concern. And one of the most pressing concerns is plastic, which is about to evict us from our home planet.
Graphic craftsmen from the MetaBallStudios Youtube channel, specializing in visual comparisons of various things, decided to team up with the anti-plastic organization BeyondPlastic.net and create not just entertaining video, but entertaining and informative. It turned out, in our opinion, a real mini-horror movie.
Here’s what it took to create a horror movie: count all the volumes of plastic, put them together in black bags and compare with the city of New York. The video shares the following information with us:
- on average, every inhabitant of Europe and America spends 100 kg of plastic annually (if you remember that plastic weighs almost nothing, it becomes uncomfortable);
- daily in New York (substitute any city with a population of 9 million people) spent 2,300 tons of plastic;
- 30 thousand tons of disposable coffee cups are thrown around the world every day;
- 840 thousand tons of plastic are thrown out in New York annually;
- in 1950, the global consumption of plastic was 1.5 million tons;
- and today, up to 8 million tons of plastic are thrown into the ocean;
- 58 million tons of plastic bottles are produced worldwide annually;
- and plastic bags altogether 100 million tons;
Perhaps, we will stop at this terrible figure – watch the video and understand everything yourself. We urge you to be responsible for nature.
Try to go to the store with a reusable bag, start with a reusable mug if you buy take-away coffee and generally think about the planet. Alas, we have nothing for life better than the Earth. This is proven.