We are lucky to be born and live in an incredible time of development of science and technology. We know the approximate rate of development of both, but we have no idea what this rate will be by the end of our life. Things that have long been considered science fiction are becoming components of our lives every day. In the next ten years, the world may present us with gifts that cannot be refused.
The amazing thing about all these scientific discoveries is that they give rise to technologies that further accelerate technological progress. Our ability to innovate grows exponentially as the years go by.
To give you an idea of the significance of this progression, here are 20 scientific predictions that should occur by 2030.
1. Artificial intelligence (AI) will pass the Turing test, or in other words, the machine will prove that it can think independently.
2. Hyperloop (Elon Musk’s vacuum train project) will start passenger transportation.
3. Biosensors will go on sale, which will call an ambulance if the wearer suddenly becomes ill. In addition, they will remind you to take certain medications, assessing the current state of the body.
4. The level of air pollution will rise, but scientists will come closer to an effective solution to this global problem.
5. Self-driving car will remain a luxury.
6. The world average cost of solar panels will drop sharply, the transition to solar energy will be very rapid.
7. People will return to the moon and begin its consistent colonization.
8. Robots-killers (drones with weapons) will appear. Crime will reach a fundamentally new level. Investigations will come to a standstill.
9. In developed countries, life expectancy will rise sharply. Cancer will cease to be a fatal problem.
10. NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope will be launched, which will help discover hundreds of new earth-like planets and partially learn the chemical composition of their atmospheres.
11. Rapid development of the multi-billion dollar space tourism industry.
12. In the public domain there will be “sources” for printing clothes on a 3D printer. Tens of millions of workers from poor countries will be left without even this low-paying job.
13. If breast cancer is detected on time, the chance of cure will be 100%.
14. The United States will actively grow organs from stem cells from patients themselves. The donation will in fact be liquidated.
15. We will not find extraterrestrial life on Mars. We will probably find it on the moons of Jupiter or Saturn.
16. SpaceX regularly brings people into lunar orbit in preparation for a manned mission to Mars.
17. Global warming will release the oldest viruses. The Chinese coronavirus will seem like a childish joke.
18. The Internet will completely replace television and print media.
19. Tesla cars will become the world’s best-selling cars.
20. Mass DNA editing experiments will begin. Thanks to this, children will be born with “built-in” protection against a huge number of diseases.